The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications. I was elected a member of the executive committee to help advance UWSP’s PRSSA chapter.
This was done through:
- Co-planning meetings, events, field trips, fundraising activities and campaigns
- Recording and distributing weekly agendas, minutes and attendance records
- Building relationships with new members to mentor and encourage participation
- Attending conferences and professional development activities throughout Wisconsin and in Scottsdale, Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Organizing previous chapters’ documents to build a database and begin regular communication with alumni